Wednesday, March 8, 2017

February

PROS:
  • We found an apt and moved to DTLA! Utterly grateful for where we're living, and constantly reminding myself that this is all by the working of God's grace.
  • I got a new job! I'm currently working at my childhood dream company, Compassion. I studied Communication and Global Studies in college in consideration of the future path I wanted to take - which was Nonprofit Management. I had no idea this is where I would end up. I am so grateful, humbled, and excited by the work being done here.
  • Justin and I celebrated our 11 years! I guess we aren't dating anymore, but it still feels nostalgic to celebrate our old anniversary.
  • I took my first flight into Denver, CO and stayed at Colorado Springs, CO for an entire week (Cons will be listed, stay tuned). But overall, I felt overwhelmingly blessed to work for an organization with high integrity and unwavering values.
  • Celebrated a successful surprise birthday party for our best friend Eunice, who absolutely loved the surprise. It is better to give than to receive! Amen.
  • Invited family over for the first time to celebrate my lovely mom's birthday. I've come to treasure family a whole lot more after being married. I wish I could spend more time with them regularly.
  • Had the BEST weekend with my college roommates on the last weekend of February! I love seeing how much we've grown, both together and apart, and coming together to share these joys and sorrows of life. We visited Joanne's hometown, ate a home cooked meal with her family, re-watched La La Land, and ate the most delicious 3-course meal. Cheers to your best year, Jo!
  • Worked my first Compassion Sunday event and had a successful turnout of sponsors. I'm looking forward to the many more scheduled this year.
CONS:
  • I miss my family. It's been tough only seeing them 3-4 times per month. I also wish I could spend more time with Justin's family and his extended family too. Our schedule and the distance makes it difficult, but we'll try harder this month! (Goal: see grandparents at least 1x per month, see family at least 2-3x per month)
  • Colorado people are the greatest people you will ever meet. Living angels. But Colorado altitude is the worst. I made it alive the first few days, but toward day 3, my skin was peeling, I had constant nose bleed, dehydration, nausea, eek.... needless to say I'm glad to be back in LA. I have a newfound love for my city! Ha.
  • This has been the busiest month so far. Life is gearing up in fast mode. I don't know how else to put it! Every weekday night I think I'll have open, I feel like it fills up last minute with catching up with friends, running errands, seeing family, other schedules and classes... These are all so wonderful and necessary, but Justin and I actually had 1 free day to spend alone together. (Wait, I realize that wasn't even in February, it was yesterday, March 1. Le sigh.) I'm trying, but no matter how fast or slow I go, I've still spent the 24 hours each day, and I look back to realize there were so many things I wish I could've done before it ran out. No regrets though! It was an incredible, jam-packed month. Just some hard reflecting and moving forward.
To a better me in March...by God's grace!

x Sola

No comments:

Post a Comment

The xx - I Dare You