And I like you because
when I am feeling sad
You don’t always cheer me up right away.
Sometimes it is better to be sad.
You can’t stand the others
being so googly and gaggly every single minute.
You want to think about things.
It takes time.
I like you because if I am mad at you,
Then you are mad at me too.
It’s awful when the other person isn’t.
They are so nice and hoo-hoo
you could just about punch them in the nose.
Friday, March 17, 2017
(our living room corner, pre-completion)
(the glorious bathroom, which is now filled with Aesop products! courtesy of Anna)
(I was ready for spring, but spring wasn't ready for me. A below-the-knee skirt from Free People, peeping for a glimpse of sun rays with no luck)
(my grab & go jewelry)
(Blue Apron, for the full-time working newly weds)
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Paris, France
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Brussels, Belgium
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Berlin, Germany
- London, England
- Dublin, Ireland
- Glasgow/Edinburgh, Scotland
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Milan, Florence, Rome, Venice, Italy
- Oslo, Norway
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Prague, Czechia
- Vienna, Austria
- Budapest, Hungary
- Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Spain
- Santorini, Athens, Greece
- Helsinki, Finland
- Moscow, Russia
- Jeju, South Korea
- Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo, Japan
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Melbourne, Sydney, Austrailia
- Cape Town, South Africa
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- We found an apt and moved to DTLA! Utterly grateful for where we're living, and constantly reminding myself that this is all by the working of God's grace.
- I got a new job! I'm currently working at my childhood dream company, Compassion. I studied Communication and Global Studies in college in consideration of the future path I wanted to take - which was Nonprofit Management. I had no idea this is where I would end up. I am so grateful, humbled, and excited by the work being done here.
- Justin and I celebrated our 11 years! I guess we aren't dating anymore, but it still feels nostalgic to celebrate our old anniversary.
- I took my first flight into Denver, CO and stayed at Colorado Springs, CO for an entire week (Cons will be listed, stay tuned). But overall, I felt overwhelmingly blessed to work for an organization with high integrity and unwavering values.
- Celebrated a successful surprise birthday party for our best friend Eunice, who absolutely loved the surprise. It is better to give than to receive! Amen.
- Invited family over for the first time to celebrate my lovely mom's birthday. I've come to treasure family a whole lot more after being married. I wish I could spend more time with them regularly.
- Had the BEST weekend with my college roommates on the last weekend of February! I love seeing how much we've grown, both together and apart, and coming together to share these joys and sorrows of life. We visited Joanne's hometown, ate a home cooked meal with her family, re-watched La La Land, and ate the most delicious 3-course meal. Cheers to your best year, Jo!
- Worked my first Compassion Sunday event and had a successful turnout of sponsors. I'm looking forward to the many more scheduled this year.
- I miss my family. It's been tough only seeing them 3-4 times per month. I also wish I could spend more time with Justin's family and his extended family too. Our schedule and the distance makes it difficult, but we'll try harder this month! (Goal: see grandparents at least 1x per month, see family at least 2-3x per month)
- Colorado people are the greatest people you will ever meet. Living angels. But Colorado altitude is the worst. I made it alive the first few days, but toward day 3, my skin was peeling, I had constant nose bleed, dehydration, nausea, eek.... needless to say I'm glad to be back in LA. I have a newfound love for my city! Ha.
- This has been the busiest month so far. Life is gearing up in fast mode. I don't know how else to put it! Every weekday night I think I'll have open, I feel like it fills up last minute with catching up with friends, running errands, seeing family, other schedules and classes... These are all so wonderful and necessary, but Justin and I actually had 1 free day to spend alone together. (Wait, I realize that wasn't even in February, it was yesterday, March 1. Le sigh.) I'm trying, but no matter how fast or slow I go, I've still spent the 24 hours each day, and I look back to realize there were so many things I wish I could've done before it ran out. No regrets though! It was an incredible, jam-packed month. Just some hard reflecting and moving forward.
The Olsen twins have always been a big part of my childhood (I grew up watching Mary Kate and Ashley TV series, Full House, most of thei...
This weekend, Justin and I took a break from the dreadful heat waves in my hometown and cooled off at the Santa Monica beach in Califor...