Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Ben Howard Live

October 7, 2015 - Ben Howard live at the Greek Theater

There is something special about live performances. There's a definitive exchange of communication that occurs between the performer and the crowd, making it something beyond a sit down film or show. It's a kind of storytelling, heart-opening, and interactive environment. 

Ben Howard's performance was overall dark and filled with immense sorrow. I'm not going to lie, coming from a place of vulnerability, it tipped me over the edge. I felt so distraught after the concert, like someone had pestered my soul with sad darkness until it finally gave in. I hated the way it made me feel, but in an odd way it amused me.



Sights of LA: High bridges above cross roads, park avenues lit up by lampposts, small gardens growing in street corners, and rushing water lined up along the borders of the local park. So much beauty and history lies within these few miles encompassing City Hall. 

 October 10-12, 2015 - Hermosa Beach, California

I'll never understand the beauty of how the sky, sun, sea, shore, and sand simultaneously kiss one another for such a pretty sight.


October 17-18, 2015 - Santa Barbara, California

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Santa Barbara. It's the place where I discovered new sides to myself, learned life lessons, and made sweet memories. Each time I'm here, nature surrounds me and enthralls me completely.

^ Santa Barbara coast, seen from the hills P.O.V. at the Goleta Butterfly Preserve cliffs

My heart is filled with wonderful sights and memories. Till the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The xx - I Dare You